Answered By: SIT Library Last Updated: Dec 29, 2017 Views: 221
There are two types of books that you can borrow from the Library, physical books and electronic books (eBooks).
The steps to borrow physical books from the library are as follows:
- Proceed to SIT Library at SIT@Dover Campus.
- After you find your desired book, proceed to the self-checkout machine.
- Follow the on screen instructions and use either your NRIC card or student concession card to borrow the library book.
- A receipt will be printed to show the due date(s) of the book(s) you have borrowed. You can refer to the guide on how to borrow physical books for more information.
- The date that your book is due depends on the type of collection it belongs to and your loan privileges.
- If the book you wish to borrow is not on the shelf, please approach the library staff.
The steps to borrow electronic books from the library are as follows:
- Use the Library's OneSearch to search for the ebook.
- If you know the title of the ebook, you can search for it by entering its title into the search field and selecting the Title option as shown below.
3. However, if you do not have the title of the ebook, you could search for it by using keywords. In this case, ensure that you have selected the Keyword option as shown in the print screen below.
4. If the eBook is available, you will see an "Available Online" link in the record as shown below. Click on the "Available Online" link. Then, proceed to click on the database hyperlink.
5. Then, you can login with your SIT ID and password to access the eBook. The way in which each ebook can be accessed will depend on the platform that it is from. Refer to this guide on how to access the ebooks subscribed by SIT Library to find out more.